One of the stellar attractions in this region, the Con Dao Archipelago is slowly gaining attention for its startling natural beauty. Con Son, the largest of this chain of 15 islands and islets, is ringed with lovely beaches, coral reefs and scenic bays, and remains partially covered in thick forests. In addition to hiking, diving and exploring empty coastal roads and deserted beaches, there are some excellent wildlife-watching opportunities.
DAY 01: HANOI – CON DAO (L, D)
In the morning, Hanoi Tourism’s car will meet you at your hotel. Then we will transfer to Noibai International Airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
Upon arrival in Tan Son Nhat International Airport, we will catch another flight to Con Dao. You will be picked up at Con Dao Airport, following by hotel check-in registration and lunch.
In the afternoon, when reaching Con Dao, we will have a plenty of locations to visit around Con Dao, including:
- The Old French Governor’s House: where you can learn more about the grim history of the island and arrange for a tour around the various prison structures on the island.
- Phu Hai Prison: The primary prison in the area, this monument to the torturous occupation of the French comes with chilling exhibits and a ghastly look into the treatment of Vietnamese prisoners. In a few of the chambers, mannequins are set up in the positions that locals were actually held in, giving a disturbing visual reference point to what may otherwise seem distant. It is the oldest prison camp on the island and it still carries a heavy and disturbing air.
- The notorious Prison Tiger Cages.
- The seperated cattle cage area: which was used to raise the cattle during French and American periods, also the place where the prisoners were tortured by dimming into the cattle’s excrement pool.
- Lady Phi Yen Temple: which was built in homage to Lady Phi Yen, wife of Nguyen Emperor Gia Long, who was sequestered on the island. The temple honors her tragic tale, her fortitude, and her love of peace.
That is the end of the journey to historical places, following by dinner and relaxation at hotel rooms. At 11.30 pm, we will have a chance to attend in one of the most special activities in Con Dao – visiting the cemetery at night. Hanoi Tourism’s car and guide will pick you up at hotel and then transfer to Hang Duong Cemetery – a memorial cemetery in Vietnam with the remains of independence fighters and prisoners who died at the Con Dao Prison. We will visit the graves of the brave Vietnamese soldiers, including Le Hong Phong, Nguyen An Ninh and Vo Thi Sau …
DAY 02: CON DAO – HANOI (B, L)
After breakfast and morning swimming, we will have some activities to do, including:
- Visiting Nui Mot Pagoda (also known as Van Son Pagoda) – a renovated and newly constructed buiding in Con Dao. Located on a hill, from this Pagoda, you can have the panoramic view of Con Dao Town, An Hai Lake and Con Son Bay below.
- Having a stop at a special pearl farm in Con Dao.
- Shopping for souvenirs and specialities at Con Dao Market.
- Car/Van in tour.
- Accommodation in twin/double sharing room
- English speaking guide.
- Mineral water on the car
- Meals at restaurant as mentioned
- Entrance fee.
- Travel insurance
- All airfares, transfers & visa arrangements.
- All services not clearly included.
- Flight ticket
- Tip for driver and guide.
- 10% VAT tax. vietnam travel