Cơm tấm (Broken rice), Hủ tiếu (noodles soup), Bánh canh (thick noodles soup) and beefsteak are all the good dishes for breakfast that bring many features of Southern style and preferred by Saigon people. With this article, you will get more information about where to eat breakfast in Ho Chi Minh City.
Cơm tấm (Broken rice)
This is a simple dish in Saigon that is made from cơm tấm. A plate of delicious cơm tấm is required that the rice must be dry and grains of rice do not stick together. As usual, cơm tấm is served with a variety of ingredients such as ribs, eggs and pork sausage. In addition, this dish will be dipped into the thick sauce that is mixed with sugar in a certain proportion until the sugar is completely dissolved so that the sauce becomes slightly spicy and tasty. Besides, some vegetables like carrots, turnips are added to the plate of rice.
- 113 Nguyen Phi Khanh, District 1.
- Cali broken rice – 222 Hai Ba Trung, District 1; 236 Le Thanh Ton, District 1; 449 Vo Van Tan, District 3.
- 378 Le Van Luong, District 7; 100 Thach Thi Thanh, District 1
- Broken rice with ribs – 67 Tran Huy Lieu, Phu Nhuan district.
Hủ tiếu (Noodle soup)
Hủ tiếu is a dish from China and was first introduced to the Southwest region of Vietnam. The passing of time has made the mixture of the ingredients and the process of the dish become different, which formed three brands of famous hủ tiếu in the South including My Tho, Nam Vang and Sa Dec. Each type of noodle brings you different flavors. Nevertheless, all of them are relatively familiar to the people of Saigon and often chosen to have breakfast every morning.
- Tung Hung noodle soup – 147 Tran Hung Dao, District 1.
- Sa Dec noodle soup – 154 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3.
- Quynh noodle soup – 197 Nguyen Trai, District 1.
- Noodles with kidney – 62 Truong Dinh, District 1.
Despite being a luxury meal imported from Western countries at first, over time, beefsteak has gradually become a favorite dish of Saigon people. They can eat beefsteak in every meal of the day. The ingredients of the dishes consist of beef, potato, pate, omelet, salad, bread. Besides, beefsteak is accompanied by chili sauce and thick soy sauce. All of these ingredients have a great contribution to creating a dish with delicious taste.
- Hai Con Bo Restaurant – 85 Nguyen Cu Trinh, District 1 and 496C Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, District 3
- K & H restaurant – 116 Nguyen Van Thu Street, District 1.
- Le Hong restaurant – 489/27/29 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan district
- Ti Ti Restaurant – 67/14/118 Vu Huy Tan, Binh Thanh District
- Tin Hung restaurant – 370 An Duong Vuong, District 5.
Bánh canh (thick noodle soup)
Similar to Hủ tiếu, bánh canh is sold from morning to afternoon in Saigon. Along the streets of Saigon, you can enjoy a bowl of hot and greasy bánh canh with pork knuckles, bánh canh with shrimp containing the sweet taste of coconut milk or tasty bánh canh with crab.
- Bánh canh with beef – 146 Ly Chinh Thang, District 3.
- Bánh canh Tran Ngoc Thuy – 214 Nguyen Trai, District 1.
- Bánh canh with shrimp – 459B Hai Ba Trung street, District 3.
- Bánh canh with ribs – 46 Ngo Duc Ke street, District 1.
If having some days for the trip in Ho Chi Minh City, you should refer to the above-mentioned addresses to enjoy a meal in Ho Chi Minh City.